Thursday, April 03, 2008

Crafts Council research

Following my previous post regarding the Crafts Council commissioned research on Learning Through Making, it is worth pointing out that a recent redesign of the Crafts Council's website has given access to some very useful research on craft.

Its new research page enables you to download the following:
  • Making it in the 21 Century (2002-03) - the most recent socio-economic survey of crafts activity in England and Wales.
  • Makers in Focus (2006) - a summary report about the working environment of West Midlands designer makers, craftspeople and applied artists at different stages of their careers.
  • Making it to Market: developing the market for contemporary craft (2004) - a two-year research programme into the market for craft, with a specific focus on contemporary fine craft, commissioned and published by Arts Council England.
There are also links to other reports.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
Ive just discovered your blog and love it! I think the issues you raise are very relevant. I have tried to ad your blog to my RSS feeds. There does not seem to be a link on your blog to do this. Is it activated and if so, what is the address. This would just make it easier for me to remember to visit your site. Thanks, Wendren

10:35 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is amazing! I am a graduate student in the U.S. and my thesis is on Contemporary Craft and Adolescents. Funny that my working Literature Review is due on Friday and I just now found this information.
Thank you!

5:57 am  
Blogger Helen Miller said...

HI, How can I get in touch with you? Can I!? I have a question I'd like to email to you. Sorry I am new to blogging and cannot seem to locate your e-mail.... Helen (helenelizabethmiller@gmail.com)

8:57 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

“I jumped on an opportunity to purchase a rental property over the 4th of  weekend. Mr Lee was quick to respond and since this was my first time getting a loan to buy a rental property , he was able to help me walk through the loan process. It was a great experience working with a good and kind loan lender Mr Lee. I hopefully know very well if you are outta looking for loan to purchase a property or funding business purpose then Mr Lee will be able to help you with such process here his details WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.   /  247officedept@gmail.com  !”  

2:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home